September saw a visit to Sir Harold Hillier Gardens near Romsey in Hampshire.
The gardens are named in memory of their founder, the late Sir Harold Hillier (1905-1985), a member of the nursery family. In June 1953, the Hillier family took up residence in Jermyn's House, and Sir Harold set about transforming the land around his home into the internationally renowned collection of hardy trees and shrubs we have today.
Members enjoyed the gardens on a day when the weather was at first over cast but brightened with the sunny intervals later in the day.
Over 200 sculptures were displayed within the Gardens in various shapes and sizes.